Community Health Needs Assessments
Community Health Needs Assessment 2022
Bonner General Health conducted a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) between May and September of 2022 for the approximately 49,491 residents of Bonner County. Including the communities of Sandpoint, Priest River, Sagle, Cocolalla, Ponderay, Hope, and Clark Fork.
A Community Health Needs Assessment is a tool used to help communities assess their strengths and weaknesses regarding their overall health. It is also the foundation for improving and promoting the community’s health. The process helps to identify factors affecting the health of a population and determine the availability of resources within the community to adequately address these factors and health needs.
The Community Health Needs Assessment fulfills the requirements set forth by a statute established within the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. The statute requires not-for-profit hospitals to conduct a CHNA every three years. This report includes qualitative and quantitative information from local, state, and federal sources. In addition, the input was received from persons representing a broad range of interests in the community, persons with public health knowledge and expertise, and persons serving medically underserved and vulnerable populations.
After analyzing the survey results, meeting with community partners, and reviewing the findings with Bonner General Health’s Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors, the following top four needs were identified and accepted.
- Mental Health
- Preventative Health
- Access to Care
Bonner General Health will create an implementation plan in 2023 to clarify how it and other community resources will address the above needs.
Bonner General Health is committed to working with existing community organizations to meet the needs identified in the Community Health Needs Assessment, including:
- Bonner General Health
- Behavioral Health Clinic
- Better Breathers Club
- Diabetes Education
- Emergency Department
- Family Practice (Primary Care)
- Grief & Support Groups through Hospice
- Immediate Care Clinic
- Rock Steady Boxing
- Sandpoint Women’s Health
- Advocates – Patient Assistance
- Better Together Animal Alliance – partnership with Behavioral Health Clinic
- Bonner County Drug Court
- Bonner County Coalition for Health
- Bonner Partners in Care Clinic
- Early Head Start
- Food for Our Children
- Kaniksu Health Services (Medical, Dental, Mental Health, and in-school.)
- Lake Pend Oreille School District
- Newport Hospital
- Northwest Hospital Alliance
- Panhandle Alliance for Education
- Panhandle Health District
- Private Practice Providers (including those offering Telehealth)
- Sandpoint Community Resource Envision Center
- School Counselors
- Underground Kindness
- VA Medical Services
- WIC – Women, Infants, and Children Program
- YMCA/Community Recreation