Informational phone line: (208) 265-3323
I need a COVID-19 test so I can go back to work. What do I need to do?
If you need a COVID-19 test (examples: returning to work, flying to Alaska, pre-surgery – outside of Bonner General), call your primary care provider. If you and your provider have determined you have no symptoms of COVID-19, your provider will send an order for testing to our Lab Department. Visit our lab during business hours, Monday-Friday 7:30 am-5:00 pm for a COVID-19 test.
If you are symptomatic or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, visit our drive-thru COVID-19 testing site during testing hours.
Current testing hours Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 10:00 am & 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
*Hours are subject to change. A provider’s order is required to receive a COVID-19 test. Testing location map HERE.
What if I do not have a Primary Care Provider?
Contact Panhandle Health District for a COVID order. If you are sick, you can be seen through our Emergency Department as an ED patient.
How much does a COVID-19 test cost?
A COVID-19 test cost $150.00 + the below fee based on where you are tested:
- If you are asymptomatic (ex: if you need a test to return to work in Alaska) and go to the lab there is an additional $47.00 fee.
- If you have a provider’s order and are tested in our curbside Emergency Department drive-thru there is an additional $60.00 fee.
- If you come without a provider’s order there is an additional fee for the physician screening of $55.00, plus the drive-thru test fee.
*Most insurances pay for all of this without any out of pocket for the patient; however please check with your insurance company to confirm your coverage. If you do not have insurance, there is a government program that can be utilized to cover the services.
If you are uninsured and pre-pay, a discount is given.
I am experiencing symptoms, and it is after hours. What do I do?
Call our Emergency Department at (208) 265-1020 and report your symptoms. If it is recommended that you come in for a test, arrive at the Emergency Department, stay in your car, and call the above number. One of our staff members will come to you.
*Please note there will be an Emergency Department Clinic fee associated with your visit.
How do I get my COVID-19 test results?
- All COVID-19 test results will be available through the BGH Patient Portal. Information will be needed (such as an email address) in order to use the patient portal. Click HERE to sign up or log in. Instructions for using the patient portal HERE.
- If you were seen in our Emergency Department and received a COVID-19 test, and you test positive, one of our staff members will call you.
- If you have an order from your provider and were tested during drive-through hours, your primary care provider will call with your results.
What should I do while I’m waiting for my results?
If you are awaiting test results for COVID-19, please, self-isolate, and avoid contact with anyone outside of your home, this is crucial to limiting the spread of COVID-19.
What if I am positive?
If you test positive for COVID-19, Panhandle Health District will contact you to determine contact tracing. Please self-isolate and limit contact to anyone outside of your home.
How can I get an IgG Antibody test?
If you would like to be tested for the COVID-19 Antibody, SARS-CoV-2, call your primary care provider. Once an order is received, a blood draw will be taken at our laboratory services department. *Please note: upon entry to Bonner General Health, you will be asked a series of screening questions regarding COVID-19 symptoms and required to wear a mask. We will provide one if you do not have one.
How much is an IgG Antibody test?
If you are uninsured and want a test, it is $80 + $20 for the lab draw. A discount is given to those who pre-pay.
Does my insurance cover the test?
Some insurances are covering Antibody testing. Medicare will pay for the antibody test with no charge to the patient; other insurance companies will pay some portion. Please contact your insurance company to find out if they will cover the test.